American Expat Mortgage Broker
Assisting American expats and foreign citizens contact a US mortgage broker
Review Existing Loans
Review your existing US mortgages to refinance for a better deal
Start or Build Portfolio
Start or continue to build your US property portfolio
Future Forever Home
Purchase your dream US property to live in
Can I get a US mortgage whilst living overseas?
You can borrow up to 80% value
US expats can obtain a home loan up to a 80% LTV (Loan To Value) of the property value. Our US mortgage broker will be able to provide more detail on this.
You can borrow using foreign income
You can use self-employed income
If you run an overseas business, this income can still be used for borrowing purposes. Full financial statements and an accountants letter will be required as supporting documents. If the information is presented in a language other than English, this will need to be translated.
Home loan purpose
American expats can obtain a mortgage to purchase a new or existing investment property, refinance existing mortgages, access existing equity or construct a new property. Talk to your US mortgage broker today.
What currencies are acceptable for a US Mortgage?
The most common currencies accepted:
- United States Dollard (USD), Australian Dollar (AUD), Great Britain Pounds Sterling (GBP), Euro, Singapore Dollar (SGD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Japanese Yen (JPY), Swiss Franc (CHF), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Chinese Renminbi (CNY).
These are considered tier one currencies for the US banks and increase your chance of getting a loan.
- Bahrain Dinar (BHD), Bruneian Dollar (BND), Danish Krone (DKK), Fijian Dollar (FJD), Indian Rupee (INR), Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), Kuwaiti Dinar (KWD), Macau Pataca (MOP), Malaysian Ringgit (MYR), Norwegian Krone (NOK), Oman Rial (OMR), Papua New Guinean Kina (PGK), Philippine Peso (PHP), Qatari Riyal (QAR), Samoan Tala (WST), Saudi Arabian Riyal (SAR), Solomon Island Dollar (SBD), South African Rand (SAR), South Korean Won (KRW), Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR), Taiwan New Dollar (TND), Thai Baht (TBH), Tongan Pa’anga (TOP), Turkish Lira (TRY), United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED), Vanuatu Vatu (VUV), Vietnamese Dong (VND).
These currencies can be accepted, but as they are considered tier two currencies. Speak with a US mortgage broker to discuss in detail, your options available.
What types of borrowers can get a US mortgage?
- Visa Holders: F1, II1C, I14, G1-G4, E1-E3, L1, L1A, L1B, L2, P1, R1, TN, O1, B1 and B2.
- Non Visa Holders
- US citizens living abroad.
- Green card holders
How much can I borrow?
- 50% -70% Loan to Value – Non visa holders
- 75%-80% Loan to Value – US citizens living abroad, Green card and Visa holders.
- Every lender that allows residential mortgage financing to US citizens living abroad, Green card and Visa holders has differing guidelines. The exact amount financed will be determined by each lender after a thorough review of all supporting documentation.
Income Document Requirements
- CPA letter stating position of borrower, % of ownership, when company started, type of business.
- Certificate of CPA license.
- If overseas income, CPA letter must be translated by a certified translator.
- Most recent 2 years income documentation.
- If overseas income, all documentation must be translated by a certified translator.
Credit Document Requirements
- US credit report (if applicable).
- International credit report.
- Credit reference letters from country of origin.
Asset Document Requirements
- All liquid assets must be sourced whether from US or overseas institutions.
- Non visa holders will be required to open a US bank account for down payments funds, post closing reserves or direct debit for mortgage payments
US Mortgage Products
US Mortgage Lenders
Don’t Let the Complexities of a US Mortgage Stop You
At Expat Mortgage Broker
We understand the challenges existing and returning US Expats and foreign citizens face with their US mortgage needs. Contact us to start the conversation about your home loan with a US mortgage broker.
“Professional and timely in their dealings. Went above and beyond to ensure we got the home loan deal. Would highly recommend to anyone“
“A family member was looking to purchase a property in Melbourne and I came across the hfinance team when we were shopping around. They’re very knowledgeable, professional and very easy to deal with. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for mortgage products in Australia.“
“Professional service. The team helped in providing credit advice around my borrowing capacity, what the lenders require as an expat to get a loan, the costs involved and kept me in the loop all the way until settlement. Would recommend!“
We take the time to understand our clients
We understand the challenges that American expats across the globe face. By taking the time to understand their goals and objections, we pride ourselves on providing professional credit advice.