British Expat Mortgage Broker
Assisting UK expats and foreign nationals with their UK mortgage needs
Review Existing Loans
Review your existing UK mortgage to refinance for a better deal
Buy To Let Mortgages
Start or continue to build your UK investment property portfolio
Future Forever Home
Purchase your dream UK property to live in
Can I get a UK mortgage whilst living overseas?
You can borrow up to 75% value
UK expats can obtain a home loan up to a 75% LTV (Loan To Value) of the property value for a Buy To Let
You can borrow using foreign income
Overseas income will be converted from foreign currency to UK (using an FX conversion) and depending on the lender a portion of the GBP income will be used for borrowing purposes
You can use self-employed income
If you run an overseas business, this income can still be used for borrowing purposes. Full financial statements and an accountants letter will be required as supporting documents. If the information is presented in a language other than English, this will need to be translated.
Home loan purpose
UK expats can obtain a mortgage to purchase a buy to let property refinance existing mortgages, access existing equity or construct a new property.
What currencies are acceptable for a UK Mortgage?
The most common currencies accepted:
- United States Dollard (USD), Australian Dollar (AUD), Great Britain Pounds Sterling (GBP), Euro, Singapore Dollar (SGD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Japanese Yen (JPY), Swiss Franc (CHF), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Chinese Renminbi (CNY).
These are considered tier one currencies for the US banks and increase your chance of getting a loan.
- Bahrain Dinar (BHD), Bruneian Dollar (BND), Danish Krone (DKK), Fijian Dollar (FJD), Indian Rupee (INR), Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), Kuwaiti Dinar (KWD), Macau Pataca (MOP), Malaysian Ringgit (MYR), Norwegian Krone (NOK), Oman Rial (OMR), Papua New Guinean Kina (PGK), Philippine Peso (PHP), Qatari Riyal (QAR), Samoan Tala (WST), Saudi Arabian Riyal (SAR), Solomon Island Dollar (SBD), South African Rand (SAR), South Korean Won (KRW), Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR), Taiwan New Dollar (TND), Thai Baht (TBH), Tongan Pa’anga (TOP), Turkish Lira (TRY), United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED), Vanuatu Vatu (VUV), Vietnamese Dong (VND).
These currencies can be accepted, but as they are considered tier two currencies. Speak with an expat mortgage broker to discuss in detail, your options available.
What types of borrowers can get a UK mortgage?
- UK expats (living in the UK and overseas)
- Foreign nationals
How much can I borrow?
- 80% Loan to Value – Property that will be occupied by the borrower
- 75% Loan to Value – Buy To Let mortgage (for the purchase of an investment property, that will be rented out)
Income Document Requirements
- 3 months payslips
- If overseas income, all documentation must be translated by a certified translator.
Credit Document Requirements
- UK Bank Account must be set up
- International credit report
Asset Document Requirements
- Full evidence of deposit and source of wealth
- Borrower will need to sign documents in the UK or get advised by UK lawyer in their country of residence
UK Mortgage Products
UK Mortgage Lenders
Don’t Let the Complexities of a UK Mortgage Stop You
At Expat Mortgage Broker
We understand the challenges existing and returning UK Expats and foreign nationals face with their UK mortgage needs. Contact us to start the conversation about your home loan.
“Professional and timely in their dealings. Went above and beyond to ensure we got the home loan deal. Would highly recommend to anyone“
“A family member was looking to purchase a property in Melbourne and I came across the hfinance team when we were shopping around. They’re very knowledgeable, professional and very easy to deal with. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for mortgage products in Australia.“
“Professional service. The team helped in providing credit advice around my borrowing capacity, what the lenders require as an expat to get a loan, the costs involved and kept me in the loop all the way until settlement. Would recommend!“
We take the time to understand our clients
We understand the challenges that American expats across the globe face. By taking the time to understand their goals and objections, we pride ourselves on providing professional credit advice.