During the webinar, we discussed 10 things to consider around Australian mortgages as an Australian expat, you can also read up on them in greater detail.
- The mortgage process for Australian expats. What needs to be considered as part of the process of obtaining a new mortgage.
- Foreign salary for the mortgage process, including the currency that the expat is paid in, how they earn their income and the supporting documents required.
- World wide assets to be considered on the mortgage application, including factoring the expats overseas and local assets and liabilities and income and expenses.
- Deposit requirements for Australian expats and how they can use existing equity in Australian property as well as cash and other liquid assets for the deposit.
- Purchase with a foreign citizen, what needs to be considered when purchasing with a non-national purchaser and the lending issues.
- FX risks for Australian mortgages, managing the repayment of the mortgage in AUD whilst earning foreign income.
- Lender policy with Australian lenders and the restrictions for Australian expats.
- Credit score and the impact on the mortgage application, due to comprehensive credit reporting, this will report of the expats Australian credit history in detail.
- Loan features available for expats and what restrictions may be placed via lenders. Offset vs redraw, variable, fixed, principal and interest and interest-only loans.
- Bank Valuations for Australian lending
Please contact expat mortgage broker to discuss in detail.